As a mobile bicycle repair shop, Pedal to the People encounters a wide variety of work space opportunity.
The idea of having a shop on a trailer that allows our mechanics to do their work anywhere is certainly innovative.In having a mobile bicycle shop, the question of where to actually perform the repair plays a role each time we do a service.
It also actively promotes the freedom & accessibility made possible by the bicycle! Thanks to this we are able to repair bikes anywhere!!
After 3 years of doing mobile repair in Chicago Adam Clark, has come up with quality guidelines on WHERE TO PERFORM BICYCLE REPAIR:
- Where people are able to see you work
- Never in an alley. That’s where garbage goes. It stinks! Our workers are worthy of respect.
- Not in a parking garage. It is unhealthy.
- Sidewalks are good so long as it’s allowed.
- Anywhere where bikes are normally kept.
- Events, Farmer’s Markets & Block parties
- Front yards & kitchens are okay!
When repairing bicycles in the skyscrapers & condo buildings downtown it is important to keep to these standards.
Some buildings may even have a DEDICATED BIKE ROOM. Which is of course a good place to get to work.
Pedal to the People appreciates invitations!! We’ve been to multiple university campuses, major musical events, local & family gatherings, we even pull right into your office (if you let us).
Being mobile is fun. Let us help you ride safely too!!
: ) ( :